New Opening Patterns for Tutbury Priory Church in Covid-19 Times
This information was provided by Revd Phyllis who can be contacted on 01283 814802. or email email@example.com for further information
Tomorrow, 15 November is back to services online, Facebook and zoom. Chris and I will be live streaming the service at 9.30am.
Hopefully from Rolleston’s building. The liturgy I will be using for the service and Communion is below, which includes the 2 Bible readings, the hymn words and the collect.
Tutbury and Rolleston buildings will then BOTH be open for private prayer from 11am to 12 noon.
Roger and Jim will be playing the organ for about 15 minutes starting at about 11am to help people worship on their own but IN our church buildings which is permitted in THIS lockdown.
In these next weeks until New year, Rolleston Church will be open from Private prayer on Mondays and Thursdays from 11am – 12 noon.
Tutbury Church will be open, again from 11am – 12 noon, on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
For Sunday 22 November, “Christ the King”, I will be leading and Revd Dave preaching. Again on facebook and zoom at 9.30am, a service of Morning Prayer.
In addition, we will live stream a BCP Holy Communion service at 6.30pm.
We have not done this before on a Sunday evening. We sometimes led this on a Wednesday morning in Lockdown1. We welcome feedback.
Please note only individual private prayer is permitted. The Government and Church of England defines individual prayer as “a person or household entering the venue to pray on their own and not as part of a group, led prayer or communal act”. They should be socially distanced from other individuals or households. Collective or communal prayer and regular scheduled services are not permitted at this time as set out in Regulations. This includes a Minister of Religion or lay person leading devotions or prayer of any sort.
Government guidelines state that you should not attend private prayer if you have Covid-19 symptoms, are shielding or self-isolating.
- Church building will look rather different when you go in. This is so we can keep it as safe as we can for everyone who comes in.
- You will notice that the front and vestry doors are open. This is for 2 reasons; to avoid touching handles and so fresh air can circulate better.
- Please use the hand sanitiser on the table near the door.
- Please sit in the open pews, and at the green dots, 2 people or 1 household per pew.
- We suggest that you bring your own Bible, pens and paper etc with you. There are single-use prayer sheets and suggestions on the entrance table. Please take your copy away with you at the end of your time praying.
- We are unable to have toilets open for public use at this time.
- We are unable to have the candles available due to the risk of cross infection.
We are thinking about how we may light candles safely as we remember loved ones.
Please send us a message if you have any questions.
You can contact Revd Phyllis on 01283 814802. or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the 2 FaceBook pages for information about online worship, pastoral care and our news.
The Priory church of St Mary’s Tutbury and St Mary’s Rolleston
May God bless you and your time here.