NEW LIGHTING SOON TO BE INSTALLED!
The Lichfield Diocese has now approved the St. Mary’s Parochial Church Council’s proposal to install new lighting in the nave and chancel. Work should start in mid-August and be finished by the end of the month.
The existing lighting is almost 60 years old and the lighting elements are no longer manufactured – when they break as many have, there is no replacement. People have difficulty reading hymn books and prayer books and we hope that the new lighting will bring a great improvement. A dimming facility is being included so that lights can be dimmed as and when required, or when just a section of the church needs to be lit. Running costs should be a lot lower as the new fittings will be LED rather than the existing halogen.
The cost is estimated at £26,886 (excl. VAT) and at present we have approximately £7,500 towards this consisting of funds from the Friends of St. Mary’s, Burton Consolidated Charities and other personal donations leaving some £19,400 to be raised from grants and donations. VAT of around £5,377 should be able to be reclaimed.
How can you help?
Make a donation
- On your wedding anniversary – whether you were married at St. Mary’s or not
- On your son or daughter’s birthday – whether or not they were christened at St. Mary’s
- In memory of a loved one
Sponsor a light
- By giving £20 towards the cost of a light fitting
How to donate?
- If you are a tax payer, by using the Gift Aid envelopes provided in church – this means that the church will receive an additional 25% on top of your donation at no extra cost to you. Please quote ‘Lights’ on the envelope.
- By cheque – payable to ‘PCC of St. Mary’s Tutbury’.
- By bank transfer: Sort Code: 30-91-47, Account Number: 02541335, Account name ‘PCC of St. Mary’s Tutbury’. If you donate by bank transfer, pleased quote ‘Lights’ with your donation.
- By calling at church on Saturday or Sunday mornings.
The PCC hopes that the congregation and visitors alike will soon see the benefit of new lights
Most people need the church at some time and any amount you can give would be most appreciated. This will help keep the lights shining brightly for many years to come!