We would love to hear from you at the Priory Church of St. Mary
Congratulations! You’re welcome to marry in our beautiful church whatever your beliefs, whether or not you are christened and whether or not you regularly go to church.
And marrying in church has never been so easy.
For such a special day the Priory Church of St Mary offers a very special and beautiful place. There are some great things about marrying in church that you might like to know. All you need to help you plan a personal, meaningful, spiritual and beautiful church wedding can be found on the Church of England weddings web site www.yourchurchwedding.org
Use these links to go to popular pages:
- Try the Church of England unique online Ceremony Planner to help you choose hymns and readings. You can even listen to the hymns first.
- St Mary’s has strong links with Tutbury Castle, an ideal place for your reception – see their website here
The Legal bit
The legal regulations state that church members and residents who live in the parishes are eligible to be married at their local parish church. Other people still have a legal qualifying connection with a church which allows them to marry there:
- if they used to live in the parish
- if they were baptised at the church
- if a parent lives in the parish
- if a parent used to live in the parish (for at least 6 months during the person’s lifetime)
- if their parents or grandparents married at the church
Where none of these conditions apply, couples can still marry at church if one of them is a church member by attending some of the Sunday services for at least six months.
We would welcome your enquiry. Please contact the Verger, Rosemary Tunstall.